Here are some quick hangover cures to try. Give them a shot and let us know if you’re still hungover!
- When curing a hangover one must always remember that it takes time. The amount of time required is determined by the notion “as long as it takes to feel better.” Sleep and rest are your best friends at this point, and are necessary for your physical recovery.
- Replenish your body with fruit juice and water for nutrients.
- Generally avoid mass quantities of caffeine, however a weak cup of coffee may be okay but a lot of caffeine will continue to dehydrate you, which is the opposite of what you want right now.
- Drink orange juice for Vitamin C, and sports drinks like Gatorade or PowerAde.
- Eat mineral rich food like pickles or canned fish. In Poland drinking pickle juice is a common remedy.
- Once in a while you can drink a Bloody Mary the old “Hair of the dog that bit you.” This is actually only a temporary cure.
- Take a shower, switching between cold and hot water.
- In Ireland it was said that the cure for a hangover is to bury the ailing person up to the neck in moist river sand.
- Try Alka Seltzer Morning Relief, Chaser Tablets and there is a new one out called The Hangover Cure.
Get some exercise, go for a run or surf, play some soccer, whatever you can get the courage to do in your hungover state.
- The side effects of aspirin, Tylenol and ibuprofen can be magnified when alcohol is in your system, so it is best (even though it may be the first thing you reach for) to avoid them to kill the hangover pain. Aspirin is a blood thinner, just like alcohol, and can intensify its effects and Tylenol (or acetaminophen) can cause more damage to your liver. Ibuprofen can also cause stomach bleeding. So be cautious when going for the quick relief.
- B vitamin and drinking a lot of water before going to sleep helps too.
Finally, these are all remedies, the best way is to find what works for you and master the art of just those few! Also, you can always try not drinking as much!