These Steps Can Help You Learn How to Avoid a Hangover.
If you are truly serious about learning how to avoid a hangover at all costs, it can be done. With diligence and self-control, you can have fun and drink the night away, while never experiencing the nasty side effects. Much of your avoidance begins before the drinking ever does. By planning carefully beforehand, you can be prepare your body for the alcohol it is about to be inundated with, and you can understand how to avoid a hangover.
1. Eat before your drink – Many people go out and have one thing on their mind – drinking. They never think about their empty stomachs and mistakenly believe that the meager snack foods at the bar will tame their hunger. The problem is not just in the satiation of the hunger, but also in the fact that alcohol enters the bloodstream much faster on an empty stomach. By eating a healthy meal that contains fiber and carbohydrates, you can avoid the fast absorption of alcohol and allow some of it to be absorbed and eliminated through the foods in the stomach.
2. Stay with one type of alcohol – Most people who go out to a bar or nightclub end up consuming several different types of alcohol throughout the night. While variety can be fun, a variety of alcohol, additives, and flavorings can wreak havoc on your body and cause pronounced hangover symptoms. To understand how to avoid a hangover, you must learn this golden rule. Instead of mixing it up, stick to one standby throughout the night and greatly decrease your chances of hangover hell the next morning.
3. Choose your alcohol wisely – Instead of choosing a drink because it is your favorite or it is something the bartender recommends, choose your liquor based on its color. Alcohol contains chemical agents called congeners. These agents give alcohol its flavor and are also what give you your hangover. Lighter-colored liquors contain less congeners and decrease the chances that a hangover will occur.
4. Don’t let the bubbles go to your head – Bartenders love to serve fun and fizzy drinks, and people like to drink them. The problem with bubbly drinks, like champagne and carbonated drink add- ins, is that the bubbles actually cause intoxication to occur more rapidly and increase the effects of the alcohol. Instead of choosing carbonated beverages with your liquor, choose juices and non-carbonated drinks for a less-heady effect.
5. Water is the key – Water is one of the most important steps in how to avoid a hangover. Since a hangover is caused by dehydration, it makes sense to adequately hydrate your body before, during, and after your drinking spell. To help to avoid a hangover, you should drink plenty of water before you leave for the night and then drink 8 oz. of water for each liquor drink that you consume. This will help you to stay hydrated and will also weaken the effects of the alcohol in your body.
These Extra Tips Can Help You Succeed in Avoiding a Hangover.
While a fortunate 23% are immune to hangovers, the vast majority of people are not. There are many myths that circulate about how to avoid the nasty morning after, but there are tried and true ways that actually do help.
* Eat burnt toast before you go out – the carbon acts as a filter for alcohol and can help some in the absorption, to help you avoid a hangover.
* Order your drinks with ice – Ice weakens and waters down your drinks and adds to your hydration.
* Take a vitamin before you go out – By taking a vitamin with an antioxidant, you can lessen the affects of alcohol on your body.
* Drink slowly – Your body can only metabolize one alcoholic drink per hour.
* Talk while you drink – It may sound silly, but talking will keep you occupied and keep you from downing those drinks quickly.
* Choose less concentrated drinks – Choosing beer over shots can help to lessen your intoxication.
Bedtime Strategies to Help You Awaken Without Hangover Regret
There is nothing worse than waking up in the morning with a splitting headache, dizziness, sickness and nausea. Those last few drinks suddenly come to your remembrance and regret settles in. By following these few pointers, you can end your night of drinking the correct way and wake up feeling refreshed instead of sick.
* Drink 8 ounces of Gatorade at the end of the night to replace your fluids and electrolytes.
* Before going to bed, take Vitamin B. This helps to break down the alcohol as you sleep.
* Take 2 aspirin before bed. This will reduce the inflammation caused by the alcohol and help you to avoid a hangover.
* Get plenty of sleep – Nothing makes a hangover worse than a lack of sleep. Try your best to catch as many ZZZ’s as you can.
These Tips Can Control How Your Morning Goes.
When you awake in the morning, make sure that you drink a large glass of water to avoid a hangover. It is also important to eat a healthy breakfast that includes eggs. Eggs have been known to be one of the best ways to avoid a hangover, and they help to fill the stomach after it has been emptied from the alcohol. Make sure that you continue to hydrate with water throughout the day.
Instead of beginning your day over the toilet, you can wake refreshed and enjoy a nice breakfast. Following these tips offers the best ways to avoid a hangover. Now, you can enjoy that night out on the town and wake up without feeling that knowing feeling that you overdid it.
Other Articles on How to Avoid a Hangover